What makes ModnPods Sustainable?
It’s all in the materials we use!
Some examples of the products we use and the reasons for choosing them;
– Structural Steel Frame: Australian made Steel, manufactured within an 80km radius of our warehouse. Fully recyclable at the end of life.
– Insulation Panel: Australian made, manufactured within an 80km radius of our warehouse. Naturally, fire retardant without the addition of other chemicals found in imported products. Low VOC manufacturing process. Some parts can be recycled at the end of life; other parts are considered non-toxic.
– Australian made Hoop plywood: Sourced from FSC certified plantations located within 200km of our warehouse. Processed and manufactured within 100km of our warehouse. E0 formaldehyde emissions (second-lowest possible). Little environmental impact at the end of life.
– Plywood coating: Clear No Voc coating, manufactured within 150km of our warehouse. Water-based with little to no smell. Durable but easy to repair and maintain. This does not impact the end of the life process of the plywood.
– Vinyl plank flooring: Manufactured using a high % of recycled material. high quality for durability/ longevity and ease of cleaning.
– Accoya Timber decking and awning: FSC certified timber, maintenance-free timber suitable for coastal areas. No coating/recoating required. The preservation process is non-toxic. Termite resistance achieved without chemicals.